The Artemide Castore 42 Table Lamp was designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens to bring a well-rounded presence into modern interiors. It features a large sphere of White hand-blown glass. The light diffused by this shade also travels down the stem, courtesy of the tapered White translucent molded polycarbonate sleeve over the steel stem.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 42 Table Lamp is available with the following:
- Globe-shaped White hand-blown glass shade
- Die-cast metal alloy base
- White epoxy powder finish
- Steel and White translucent molded polycarbonate stem
- Chrome touch dimmer on base
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi & Huub Ubbens, 2003
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...