FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 42 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi in 2003
- Finish: White
- Shade Material: Glass
- Globe-shaped White hand blown shade
- Steel supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- Compasso d'Oro, 2004
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
Size: Extended, Standard
Light Option: 26W Fluorescent, Incandescent, 32W Fluorescent
- Extended Option: One 26 Watt (1800 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Extended Option: One 32 Watt (2400 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Extended Option: One 150 Watt (2670 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Standard Option: One 26 Watt (1800 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Standard Option: One 32 Watt (2400 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Standard Option: One 150 Watt (2670 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Extended Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Extended Option Fixture: Height 39", Diameter 16.5"
- Extended Option Maximum Hanging: Length 177.19"
- Standard Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Standard Option Fixture: Height 39", Diameter 16.5"
- Standard Option Maximum Hanging: Length 98.06"
Manufacturer IDs: view
CAS1045, CAS1046, CAS1047, CAS1048, CAS1049, CAS1050
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
Intended to evoke the natural fluidity of air rolling over a thin membrane, the Artemide Cosmic Angel Pendant features an airy thermoplastic reflector that does indeed embody rippled sculptural lightness. A pair of die-cast aluminum lighting satellites are dropped from ...
Traditional form meets timeless appeal. The Foscarini Tropico Sphera Suspension is composed of thermoplastic resin pieces that attach to metal rings, instantly adding dimension and a playful attitude to a room. Features an inner shade that diffuses the illumination to ...
Airy and industrial, the LBL Lighting Vitre Rectangular Suspension provides high-impact, energy efficient illumination. Meaning "windowpane" in French, Vitre resembles its namesake with a slim metal frame and two panes of White acrylic with a wave-cut aperture in the center. ...