Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 25 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi in 2003
- Awards: Compasso d'Oro Award (2004)
- Finish: White
- Material: Steel
- Shade Material: Hand-blown glass
- Globe-shaped White shade
- Supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
Size: Extended, Standard
Light Option: Incandescent, 13W Fluorescent, 18W Fluorescent
- One 13 Watt (900 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24Q-1 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 18 Watt (1200 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-2 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Extended Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Extended Option Fixture: Height 28.25", Diameter 10"
- Extended Option Maximum Hanging: Length Adjustable From 28.25", Adjustable To 87.5"
- Standard Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Standard Option Fixture: Height 28.25", Diameter 10"
- Standard Option Maximum Hanging: Length Adjustable From 28.25", Adjustable To 177.19"
Manufacturer IDs: view
CAS1025, CAS1026, CAS1027, CAS1028, CAS1029, CAS1030
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.