In her design of the Capelli Stool by Herman Miller®, Carol Catalano used her own entwined fingers as the model. The stool is made out of two identical pieces of molded plywood, with undulating "fingers" that interlock without the need for tools or fasteners. It can then also be unfolded and stacked together for easy storage.
Since its early beginnings in 1905 (then known as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller has stood as one of the leaders in ergonomic furniture design and manufacture. Today, with a strong focus on designing furnishings with excellent form and function, this Michigan-based company produces a variety of home and office products that improve the human experience wherever people work, create, learn and live.
The Capelli Stool is available with the following:
- Made of alternating dark- and light-stained hardwood inner plies and light ash veneer
- Nylon glides for hard floors or carpet
- Folds for easy storage
- Made in USA
- 5 year warranty
- Ships ready to assemble, no tools required
- IDSA Silver award, 2002
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair, Asahikawa, Japan; Silver Prize, 1999
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Carol Catalano
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 17", Width 15.5", Depth 13.25"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...