Step aside, Andy Warhol--there's a new can in town. The Ingo Maurer Canned Light takes a different spin on pop art as it actually seems to "pop" from the wall or ceiling thanks to its spring-like top. Whether shining down over the bistro table or aiding in bedside reading as a wall sconce, this contemporary design by Christoph Matthias and Hagen Sczech will likely be around for as long as Warhol's original.
For more than 40 years Ingo Maurer has created somewhat irreverent and thought-provoking designs in a method that is more exo-modern than contemporary. These experimentalist collections enliven fashion runways, monuments and private homes, giving Ingo Maurer lighting a name that resounds in the minds of the design-forward.
The Canned Light is available with the following:
- Campbell's Tomato Soup Can shade
- Made of aluminum, stainless steel and plastic
- White ceiling canopy or wall plate with US adapter plate
- 78.7" cable
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Christoph Matthias and Hagen Sczech, 2003
- Fixture: Height 5.9", Width 7.1"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 84.6"
- Shade: Height 5.3", Diameter 3.3"
- Cable: Length 78.7"
- Canopy: Diameter 3.1"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...