A sensation of ice and light, of heat and chill. The Design House Stockholm Block Lamp Mini plays with contrasts and the archetypes of modern society by placing a smaller bulb within a larger bulb shape, creating a happy conflict of visual suggestion and actual design. Became part of MoMA's permanent collection in 2000. Designed by Harri Koskinen, 1996.
Design House Stockholm was founded by Anders Fardig, who is passionate about finding products that fire the imagination, enhance lifestyles and turn shopping into entertainment. Under his management, Design House Stockholm has become a leading name at the forefront of Scandinavian design, and is known for its innovative products and established quality. Design House Stockholm is a publishing house for contemporary Scandinavian design, with products ranging from furniture to fashion, lighting, tabletop and limited studio editions.
The Block Lamp Mini is available with the following:
- Clear glass shade
- Black plastic cord
- Recipient of the Excellent Swedish Design in 1998
- Recipient of the Design Plus Award at the Ambiente Trade Fair in Frankfurt
- Designated Best New Product at the accent show in New York in 1999
- Recipient of the Torsten and Wanja Soderberg Prize (Scandinavia's most prominent design award)
- Added to MoMA's permanent collection in 2000
- Designed by Harri Koskinen, 1996
- Fixture: Height 3.2", Width 4.75", Depth 3"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...