Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet--refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, use the traditional techniques of skilled weavers utilizing hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Berber Rug is available with the following:
- Hand woven with a special thick fiber dyed yarn, which gives it a contemporary look.
3' x 5'4,
5'6 x 7'10,
6'6 x 9'9,
8' x 11'6,
9' x 12'
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option: Width 5.5', Length 7.83'
- 6'6 x 9'9 Option: Width 6.5', Length 9.75'
- 8' x 11'6 Option: Width 8', Length 11.5'
- 3' x 5'4 Option: Width 3', Length 5.33'
- 8' Round Option: Diameter 8'
- 9' x 12' Option: Width 9', Length 12'
- Vacuum regularly, at least once a week and preferably more often in places that are subject to a lot of wear. Always use the flat nozzle when you vacuum. For pile rugs, always finish by vacuuming in the direction of the pile. Remove stains immediately. Woven rugs should be professionally flat washed or dry cleaned every other year or so. Hand wash: wash with soap in lukewarm water. Rub with a soft brush and rinse carefully. Hang the rug from the long side so that the water can run off. The rug may become a little “bubbly”; this disappears after a short while.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...