Since its early beginnings in 1905 (then known as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller has stood as one of the leaders in ergonomic furniture design and manufacture. Today, with a strong focus on designing furnishings with excellent form and function, this Michigan-based company produces a variety of home and office products that improve the human experience wherever people work, create, learn and live.
The Ardea Task Lamp is available with the following:
- Metal reflector
- Metal base
- Flexible hinges at the base and head
- Made of 12% recycled materials
- 84% recyclable
- Can be used as a freestanding lamp or clamped to a work station or panel with included attachment brackets
- UL Listed
- Designed by Yves Behar
- Winner of red dot Award, 2009
- Winner of Good Design Award, 2009
- Receiver of Gold in Home Living IDEA category, Silver in Ecodesign category, 2010
Finish: Polished Aluminum
- One 13 Watt 120 Volt Compact Fluorescent lamp (not included).
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Arm: Extension Adjustable From 19", Adjustable To 36.38"
- Base: Diameter Adjustable From 19"
- Height: Extension Adjustable From 7", Adjustable To 35.75"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.