In 1952, Arne Jacobsen designed the Ant 3 Leg Chair for the canteen at Novo Nordisk, a Danish healthcare company. It has since become a modern design icon, and the Fritz Hansen Ant 3 Leg Chair - Colored Ash accentuates the signature curves and distinctive grain of the ash veneer seat with a rainbow of translucent colors. All options come with a chromed steel base and legs.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Ant 3 Leg Chair - Colored Ash is available with the following:
- Back and seat made of laminated, pressure molded veneer
- Beech inner veneer and colored ash outer veneer
- Wood grain clearly visible through the color
- Legs made of chromed steel tubes with black synthetic feet
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1952
- Item: Height 30.7", Width 20", Depth 18.9"
- Seat: Height 17.3"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...