Inspired by the innovation of Thomas Edison's original capture of electric light, the Ingo Maurer Wo Bist Du, Edison,...? Pendant pays tribute with its own innovations. The hologram of an incandescent bulb is projected a full 360 degrees around the acrylic shade. This hologram is created via an intricate, time-consuming process that--prior to this design's conception by Maurer in 1997--had never before been accomplished.
For more than 40 years Ingo Maurer has created somewhat irreverent and thought-provoking designs in a method that is more exo-modern than contemporary. These experimentalist collections enliven fashion runways, monuments and private homes, giving Ingo Maurer lighting a name that resounds in the minds of the design-forward.More about the hologram process:
The Wo Bist Du, Edison,...? Pendant hologram is created by taking 2000 frames from a cine-film sequence and laser-transferring it onto special hologram film. This process takes twelve hours and must be completed without any vibrations that could disrupt the image transfer. The resulting light bulb image is stored on the film as an ultra-thin crystalline layer, with literally billions of microprisms refracting light to recompose the virtual image of the light bulb into a visual whole.
The Ingo Maurer Wo Bist Du, Edison,...? Pendant is available with the following:Details:
- Drum-shaped, acrylic glass shade
- 360-degree hologram
- Aluminum base
- Round ceiling canopy with US adapter plate
- Integrated transformer
- 78.7" cable
- Dry anti-static cloth included for cleaning
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Ingo Maurer, 1997
- Each hologram is made by hand in a highly intricate process whose outcome is always unique. Small spots or shadows on the film do not indicate inferior quality; they are a natural result of the manufacturing process and cannot be eliminated.
- Never expose the hologram lamp to direct sunlight, as ultra-violet radiation can spoil the film or cause the hologram to fade. Care should also be taken to avoid exposure to tobacco smoke and excessive humidity.
Use only the dry anti-static cloth supplied to clean the inner and outer surface of the hologram cylinder. Never use water or cleaning agents containing solvents on the surface of the cylinder (as fluids can attack the hologram film).Lighting:
One 50 Watt 125 Volt Type GX 5.3 Halogen lamp (included).Shipping:
This item usually ships within 5-7 weeks.Dimensions: Ceiling Canopy
: Overall Diameter 5.1 In. Hanging Length
: Overall Length Adjustable to 99.2 In. Shade
: Overall Diameter 18.1 In., Height 9.8 In. Fixture
: Height 20.5 In. Cable
: Length 78.7 In.